- Written by FFIWA_webmaster
- Published: 24 Sep 2020
We are now only days away from the 59th Flying Fifteen WA State Championship organised by RFBYC, FFIWA and supported by Gate Bar and Bistro. We hope you are looking forward to it as much as we are.
Here is some more information on the event that you may find useful.
The Sailing Instructions are now available on the Club’s website, to view, please click HERE
A complete list of entries including Sail Numbers, Skippers, Crews and Clubs being represented is now available on the website, you can view it by clicking HERE
FSC NEED TO KNOW
Car Parking and Gate Access
If not done already:
- Contact the Harbour Masters Office at FSC to inform them that you are coming to FSC email@example.com;
- You will be required to send through the following to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Boat Name | Sail Number
- Owner Name | Email | Phone Number
- Copy of current Insurance for Vessel
- Trailer details
- Scanned copy of completed Temporary Key Access Application
- Temporary Access Keys are required to get vessels in and out of the Hardstand Storage Area. FSC will require Credit Card details to authorise a $50 Bond. These details can either be proved on the Temporary Key Access Application or given over the phone to Harbour Office staff on 9435 8801
- For efficiency Access Keys can be collected upon arrival at FSC on the day of the event provided all information above has been provided prior to tomorrow Friday 25th of September
- Take boat to designated Hardstand Area
Competitors will be able to start bringing boats in from today by prior arrangement with FSC. Designated boat parking has not been assigned and spots will be taken on a first in best dressed basis. Once in you are in your chosen bay, you will remain there for the duration of the regatta.
It is highly recommended that you bring your own wheel chocks for your trailers.
FSC has plenty of showers available for use after sailing. No wet sailing gear is to be worn inside the Clubroom and Bars.
The ramp at FSC is of course earmarked for Flying 15 use. Please don’t forget to bring a suitable rope with you for launching.
Hoses will be available in the boat park for washing boats down after sailing. As always, water is precious and we would ask that your wash down practice be quick and courteous to other competitors.
Bar and Galley
The FSC Bar and Galley opening times can be viewed at https://www.fsc.com.au/restaurantandbar/
A reminder to all skippers, you must have your blue card and all safety equipment available for inspection at your boat after you have registered. Please ensure all of your equipment is class safety compliant to avoid embarrassment. Peter Mudford will be in the Boat Park early to assist with this process. Registration will open at 16:00 and close at 19:00 tomorrow Friday 25th September.
BOAT PARK DRINKS
It wouldn’t be a Flying 15 Regatta without the traditional drinks in the boat park. This will occur immediately after sailing each day with drinks supplied courtesy of the Gate Bar and Bistro. Don’t forget to give a big thanks to these guys on the weekend and as always support that venue when you can.
Provisional results will be available on the Notice Board located in the Activities Room at FSC and loaded on to the club’s website after each race. The link for family and friends to watch your progress from home can be located HERE or simply click on the Flying 15 States link on the front page of the RFBYC website at www.rfbyc.asn.au
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AFTER SAILING
After sailing each day there will be a short presentation of pennants to the daily race winners and the all-important announcement of “The Mug of the Day” which is always great for a laugh. The Bar at FSC will be open and from there, people may make their own arrangements. Plenty of good restaurants in Fremantle! Click HERE for a list of some of the locals.
PRESENTATIONS OF RESULTS ON MONDAY – FSC SUNSET DECK
A great opportunity to applaud all who have taken part in what we are sure will be a fantastic regatta as well as congratulate those who sailed well in it.
Please join us in the Sunset Deck after sailing for the presentation of the overall results and stay on for a drink afterwards.
Best of luck to everyone, we look forward to seeing you in Freo.